PMI Tulsa Mini-PDD: Expanding your PM Toolkit
Fine tune the tools used in Project Management with this 1/2 day Professional Development Day. Join us to listen and learn from local leaders on how to leverage common project management tools and best practices to elevate your skills and business contribution. You will be given the choice of 7 different sessions to hone your PM skills and learn from local software, consulting services and business executives. Participants attending this half-day PDD can earn up to 4 Technical PDU's toward their PMI certification(s). Registration opens at 12:30pm with our Keynote at 1:00pm.
1:00pm Keynote: Joe Walker, Sr. VP Technology Services for MyHealth Access Network (Oklahoma Non-Profit) with PM Beth Delancy. "Taking a Project from Vision to Reality"
Our Keynote Speaker, Joe Walker, will provide highlights from one of Tulsa's most prestigious community- and state-wide health information projects you've quite possibly never heard of involving thousands of stakeholders, hundreds of integration points, and the highest data security. The path to building a Health Information Exchange is long and challenging but something that is vital to improving the overall health of our country. Join us as we learn about the inspiration and mission behind MyHealth Access Network, Oklahoma's HIE. MyHealth is built out of a collaboration of healthcare professionals and organizations from around the state and nation. The complexities of defining, planning, building, implementing, securing and maintaining such a large database of information are astounding. Joe will discuss some of these challenges and how they managed stakeholders, scope, and risk to become a pioneer among health information exchanges in the country.
- Learn how to identify, manage and leverage PM challenges associated with large community-based projects, including:
- Broad and evolving Scope requirements.
- High risk exposure in the realm of Data security, warehousing, and analysis.
- Expansive stakeholder management requirements.
Track 1: PM Technical Toolkit
2:00pm Leveraging scheduling tools for best fit and value (Dan Alpert, Principal Consultant, Chandelier Consulting, LLC)
- Learn the scheduling tools available for your projects.
- Discover how to leverage them based on the skills of your project team.
3:00pm Expanding your Analytics Toolkit with Power BI (Phillip Bonavida, VP Consulting Project Management, BOK Financial)
- Learn how to implement Power Bl as a tool that can help to quickly convert that data into meaningful information.
- Leverage the vast number of disparate data sources available in your business.
- Develop new levels of transparency and provide significantly-enhanced visibility into project activities.
4:00pm Expanding your Team Collaboration using Teams/Office 365/Planner (Sam Bedri, CEO Bedri Systems)
- Learn how to maximize collaboration.
- Learn how to identify and reduce wasted time among project team members.
- Ensure the security of data.
- Channel communication among team members for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Track 2: PM Best Practices
2:00pm Preparing Your Organization for Change (Bill Fournet, CEO The Persimmon Group)
- Understand what Organizational/Business Change is and how it integrates with your project.
- Leverage proven approaches to mitigate the operational impact to your business.
- Learn how to engage your key business users into becoming your Change Champion.
3:00pm Conducting Effective Retrospectives to Maximize Process Improvement (Jason Knight, Professional Scrum Master and Lean Coach)
Retrospective is dedicated to the disciplined practice of improving the Scrum Team.
- Discuss and build the anatomy of a professionally facilitated Scrum Retrospective.
- Develop the means of identifying and tracking both process improvement and team dynamics.
4:00pm Project Controls Best Practices (Bruce Jordan, Partner, Arrowhead Consulting)
- Review basics of Project Controls across all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Learn best practices for key Project Control.
- Learn to avoid pitfalls to each of these practices with improve your practice of Project Control.
- Earlybird rate: $125 through 8/23/19 (Use Promo Code: EarlyBird2019)
- Regular rate: $150: 8/24/19 - 9/8/19
- Late rate: $200: 9/9/19 - 9/13/19
It is no longer possible to register for this event