IT Project Manager 1 (Scrum Master)
Tulsa-based software company has an opening for a Scrum Master with at least 4 years experience with managing IT projects focusing on the development and implementation of software applications.
This is a full-time, on-site position, with salary based on qualifications. Competitive compensation package, including: Health Care Coverage (medical and dental), Short & Long Term Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
• Drive product development and software Implementation projects in an agile environment, duties to include:
o Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning meetings, and other Scrum-related practices and ceremonies.
o Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
o Ensure development teams are practicing according to core agile principles including, collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
o Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency to Product & Sprint Backlogs.
o Collaborate with IT Management, Project Managers, and Product Owners/Business Analysts, to ensure teams are both “building the thing right” and “building the right thing”
o Collaborate with IT Management, Client-facing Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Client Support during client onboarding (Implementations) to ensure that from an IT task perspective, data is migrated correctly and application is configured per contract.
o Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
o Assist team in making appropriate commitments through transparency of their capacity and past performance (velocity) and through story prioritization, definition, and task breakdown.
o Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal.
o Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution and escalates issues when appropriate.
o Empower the teams to self-organize.
o Facilitate Continuous Improvement to create high-performing teams.
o Ensure the teams produce shippable code with each increment, achieving a robust Definition of Done.
• 4+ years of experience as an application/software IT Project Manager.
• 2+ years of SCRUM experience.
• Knowledge of Project Management Lifecycles & System Development Life Cycles (SDLC's).
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Solid understanding of Project Methodologies and tools.
• Effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
• Proven experience motivating team members to ensure deliverables are completed on time.
• Highly motivated, results-driven self-starter who is also a collaborative team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Experience with managing multiple teams.
• Experience leading data migration projects (ETL) is preferred.
• Scrum Master Certification not required but preferred.