16 July 2020 at 12:17AM
PM 101: Learning with Sara Gallagher
Project Management 101
A Survival Toolkit for New (And Accidental) Project Managers
Don't Miss this powerful 1/2 day session at PMI Tulsa's Professional Development Day, taught by Sara Gallagher at the Persimmon Group.
So you've just been promoted to a formal role in project management...
Or maybe you've been asked to run a project (or three) in addition to your day job. If you're scrambling to find impactful, practical project management training relevant to your situation, you're not alone.
Much if the "PM 101" training on the market today is heavily focused on large projects in "traditional" project management disciplines, run by formal project managers on the path to certification. The result is content that can be overly academic and theoretical-leaving many people in the cold without the survival toolkit they need to succeed.
That's why PMI Tulsa has partnered with The Persimmon Group to bring you this powerful 1/2 day workshop for new (and accidental) project managers. This interactive virtual learning will give you a powerful, practical toolkit to deliver successful business projects no matter tour industry or background.
You'll learn how to:
- Maximize the first 30 days of your project for better results
- Choose a project execution rhythm that delivers consistent wins
- Communicate project status in a way that builds stakeholder confidence
- Anticipate risk and navigate issues that could derail your project
PLUS, by attending this session, you'll get exclusive 30-day access to our "PM for the Uninitiated" website with downloadable tools and templates you can use today.
Still curious whether this session is for you?
This workshop is built for those in the trenches-anyone who needs a powerful, practical toolkit to deliver value in a project context. No rigor project management experience required. You may benefit from this session if:
- You are a business professional (any industry) who is often asked to lead special projects
- You are a project manager who never received formal training in your field
- You were recently promoted to project management and struggling to get started.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to learn from Sara. Be sure to book your seat ASAP!